Buying refurbished canon digital SLR from Adorama

alberto_ayala

<p>Yes. I bought a Canon T3i and it was perfect in every way. A very good friend bought another Canon a couple of years ago, used it extensively, and had zero problems.<br>

All good, and I would buy one again.</p>

<p>Yes,I've bought a couple from them and the Canon web site and everyone has been perfect (actually better than new).They are called Canon white box refurbs.They even come with a printed manual,something that is not supplied when you buy new.The only downside is the warranty is only 3 months.I've never had a problem after the warranty ran out.You really are buying a brand new camera with the latest firmware and software updates that has been gone over better than a new factory unit.I highly recommend them plus if you wait for a 'special' discount the savings can be substantial.All supplied items are Canon OEM.</p>

<p>I think that a 'refurb' from one of the main vendors like Adorama is likely to be good.<br>

I've also had very good luck with just straight-out used cameras, which <em>sometimes, but not always,</em> are even cheaper.</p>

<p>Some privately (non-Canon) so-called "refurbed" items may not be the same at all.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the great feedback; it's good to read that Canon refurbs from Adorama are popular and reliable!</p>

<p>You can find clarification of what it means to buy a refurb from Adorama, right here:<br>

http://www.adorama.com/help/generalinfo#refurbished</p>

<p>I actually have bought 3 Canon refurbs myself, and for sure each one was factory fresh. I wouldn't actually buy a 'new'; unit if an identical refurb was available, provided it came from a reputable retailer, I knew it had been refurbished by the manufacturer and it had a warranty.</p>

<p>Helen Oster<br>

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<br>

Helen@adorama.com</p>

<p>Bought an XSi & a 60D, both refurb. Not a single problem.<br>

If you are concerned about the warranty, you can always buy an extended service contract.<br>

I think I paid around $80 for a 3 year, for the XSi, didn't even bother getting one for the 60D.</p>