Tamron 35-70mm f3.5 Went to Odaiba

<p >This past week my family and I went to Tokyo for short vacation. Tokyo is only 100 kilometers from our hometown. However, taking the local milk run train is a trip of endurance and patience with a three-year old and a one-year old in toe. The train departs virtually empty, but after 30-minutes it is standing room only. After 1-hour train platform conductors are needed to push passengers into the train. After 1-hour and 1 minute my three-year old asked `Are we in Tokyo yet?` for the next 45-minutes. After 1-hour and 45-minutes we arrived at Ueno station where I was happy to get easy access to a toilet and pass my one-year to my wife.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I had planned to take a half-day exploring the camera stores around Shinjuku station, but that did not come to fruition. I ended up having too much fun with my kids. The little and simplest pleasures brought them such delight. The first day we dealt with a heavy downpour, so we stayed inside shopping in Shinjuku station. My wife took our daughter shopping and I explored Shinkuku`s skyscrapers with my son. Shinjuku`s government buildings and skyscrapers are connected to Shinjuku station through a series of underground walkways so no need to go outside to face the harsh weather. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Luckily, the next day skies were clear. We headed to Odaiba. Odaiba is a grand multi-billion dollar shopping, entertainment and business district built on Tokyo`s rundown and delict port district. Development has taken place over-time, so I guess in for a dollar in for two more. Everything and anything you need is there. There are massive apartment complexes, huge shopping malls, umpteen upscale hotels, a major TV studio, the largest indoor hot spring in Japan, a national technology research center, a college for training ocean shipping crews and warehouse upon warehouse. It is a city onto itself. My wife loves it for it open vistas and shopping complexes. I love it for the many opportunities it offers for taking photos. Like Shinjuku the day before we separated. My wife took our daughter shopping and I took my son for a long walk in his stroller. Luckily, for me my son took a long nap, which freed me to take photos at a leisurely pace.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Taking photos of Odabai is time consuming. Why? Because I think there are so many good and interesting photos. I could visit for a week and not really do justice to the area. This time around I took a Nikon F90 mount with a MANUAL Tamron 35-70mm F3.5 BBRC 17A Macro lens. It takes a Tamron Adaptall 2 adapter ring. This lens astounds me. The bokeh is just so smooth and it is sharp. The one I have focuses counter to Nikon lenses, so at first it was kind of quirky getting focus correct, but in the end I have a very nice lenses.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I hope everyone enjoys the photos. The photos were shot Fuji Neopan 400. It was develope in Fuji Super Prodol at 20C for 7-minutes.</p><div>00bWfq-530225584.JPG.125e9fe5b2f8d2f9097e9b731c801055.JPG</div>

<p>I have this lens, second one I've owned, definitely my favorite, go any where zoom lens that with adapters fits all of my SLR's. Very sharp, contrasty and better macro than others in my stable. Picture attached was downtown Plymouth NH, USA with Nikon F2 and this lens.</p><div>00bWiN-530269584.thumb.jpg.87b7066032d0703bd87f270e8a671aca.jpg</div>

<p>I also have this lens. Compact and sharp. A bit of a sleeper among used short zooms since the Tamron 35-80 f2.8-4 tends to be more sought after. The 35-80, while still a good lens, does generally cost more and is not as compact. Also, the copy I tried had some barrel distortion at the 35mm end whereas the 35-70 f3.5 CF seems to have minimal distortion. In fact I don't see any distortion in the photos above. Thanks for posting.</p>

<p>Fine series, once again, <strong>Mike</strong>. That's a very photogenic city; I'd love to get amongst it with a large format camera with all the movements, it would suit my severe style! That little lens is great; I've had an eye open for the f/2.8 version which is reputed to be even better,(though rarer and much costlier), but I've no complaints about my copy of the model you've used. Your "Bridge" images particularly appeal, and the TV studio building is awesome. Thanks for sharing your travels.</p>