Left handed F100 - Ken Rockwell's Pointless Deception

<p>A sense of humor is a wonderful thing. That's one of the reasons why I love Joe McNally's books and blog. A practical joke about a rare F100 - too funny! And it got people to discuss and probably visit KR's site, just as his occasionally flippant 'opinions' about gear do. :-)</p>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Flipping images like that is done by every publication that has ever existed. It is done for a number of reasons: to lead peoples' eyes into the page, because it looks better, etc. It is nothing new. And his site in general? The proportion of common sense is much higher than in Photonet. And he does have a sense of humour. And he knows that 'better' gear doesn't make better pictures.</p>

<p>Bless him!</p>

<p>Alan</p>

<p>"I've long been a reader of Ken Rockwell's site strictly for his technical analysis of new cameras and lenses". Therein lies the problem. Ken is fun to read and you have to "get" his stuff, or you don't. I can't imagine reading him for any other reason than to see what he has up his sleeve.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Look folks, KR is the man! Any doubt?<br>

Look at the neckline of that golf shirt in the fabled left-hand Nikon shot. Buttons are on the left side of the shirt. That's a classic woman's 'blouse' button location. It takes a tough man to wear a girl's shirt, and carry it off with panache.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>He's "the man" with a rug! Multiple rugs. Some are parted on the left and some on the right. When he's wearing women's clothing, apparently he prefers the rug parted on the right. :-)</p>