Should I use Imageprint's greyscale space "GrayL.icm"

<p>I recently acquired Imageprint to optimize my b/w prints on my Epson 3880. Imageprint provides soft-proofing in Photoshop with its profile for b/w printing. However, it suggests that the source color space to be used should not be "Greyscale 2.2". Rather, you should use Imageprint's own space "GrayL.icm" as the default source space in Photoshop, to insure optimal color management when printing b/w with soft-proofing.</p>

<p>Has anyone out there in the Community been in contact with GrayL.icm? What are the pros and cons of that - to me unknown - colorspace?</p>

<p>Thank you for your quick response, Rodney. I am aware of the fact that Imageprint accepts even color space sources as input for printing. But the issue here is the SOFT PROOFING, where Imageprint suggests (although not requires) to use GrayL.icm as source space so as to get accurate proofing with its grey scale profile for my paper, Canson Baryta Photographique.</p>

<p>The soft proofing will be done in Photoshop CS6 in the usual manner, once the Imageprint black/white profile for the paper Canson Baryta Photographique is imported to Photoshop's profile ledger and the source color space converted from Adobe RGB into GrayL.icm.</p>

<p>IF you're soft proofing in PS, the recommendation makes no sense to me. PS should show you a good soft proof from any source color space (by the time the profile gets it's set of data, it's in Lab anyway). </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Thanks Rodney, I am relieved. It turned out that GrayL.icm seems to have another gamma than 2.2. When converting there from Adobe RGB the values change. So I will stay with Greyscale gamma 2.2 and proof with Imacon's grey scale profile for Canson Baryta Photographique. When I tried it, the profile worked OK, with exception for the dark values, where it is necessary to increase contrast beyond the values deemed satisfactory when proofing.</p>