where can I rent a tripod on trip to island of ?Kauai

mary_iserson

<p>We are going to Kauai for 10 days in March.<br>

My husband wants to rty out his brand new Nikkor 18-300mm lens, but will need a tripod.<br>

We really don't want to lug the tripod in our baggage--it would push us over the weight limit.<br>

Is athere a place to rent the tripod?<br>

Also, any suggestions for phot spotas would be appreciated. We will be spending 4 days in Princeville and the rest of the time on the South coast.<br>

Mary Lou, Tucson</p>

<p>Hi Mary Lou.<br>

Hopefully you know about the Na'Palli Coast. You can get some stunning shots there at the evening on the NW side of the island. There are lots of other photographic opertunities, it just depends on your interest. The Hawaiian Botanical Gardens are also on the NW side of the islad, well worth photographing.<br>

On the south side I really love the Waimea Canyon and Koke'e State Park. Beautiful vistas when the clouds thin, Nene (Hawaiian Geese) and one of the few places you will have easy access to the native Hawaiian Honeycreepers (like the Iwi'i).<br>

Of course on your way there are several falls worth visiting and several ancient Hawaiian sites to check out. </p>