Photo locations for December

sunny_from_the_sunshine_st

<p>For Belize you can't do better than the Cockscomb basin jaguar reserve, extremely basic accommodation but you're right in the middle of the forest and you'll see loads of wildlife and its an impressive place. Bring your food with you and stay 4-5 days.<br>

A little further on the Southern highway theres a spot where you can see swarms of Scarlet Macaws, though I've never been so can't remember the name but it would be in any guide book.<br>

Belize City is tough and I usually don't stay long. Head down South, away from where the tourism happens and you'll find what your looking for I'm sure.</p>

<p>Yes, BDA will definitely be cold then. But honestly, the best times for the refuge are ALL cold, Thanksgiving to February. I've been there several times, just wore LOTS of layers! One of my favorite places in the USA. <br>

However, if you want to go someplace that's warmer and has lots of birds, Florida is the place. Without looking up the names of the different and NWRs, I recommend the one south of Tallahassee and the one by Cape Canaveral. Had great success at both of those. I had a kayak with me and did lots of handheld shooting from it.</p><div>00b2Us-504633584.jpg.7b788c79b6c9bcfe3a271f774617edcb.jpg</div>

<p>Yes, BDA will definitely be cold then. But honestly, the best times for the refuge are ALL cold, Thanksgiving to February. I've been there several times, just wore LOTS of layers! One of my favorite places in the USA. <br>

However, if you want to go someplace that's warmer and has lots of birds, Florida is the place. Without looking up the names of the different and NWRs, I recommend the one south of Tallahassee and the one by Cape Canaveral. Had great success at both of those. I had a kayak with me and did lots of handheld shooting from it.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I am partial to Moab, UT. I live in Alabama so it's not because of convenience. Moab has Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Fisher Towers. I like the area in the winter. The mountains in the background have snow on

them. The air is clear. There may be light snow in places. It is not crowded.

If you consider Moab, let me know and I can give you more specific guidance.