End of the world... Which camera did You choose?

<p>I am a few days late from the end of the world, but thanks to Maciek Stankiewicz and Rick van Nooij who were both able to identify from an enlarged and grainy film image of my first camera uploaded here at http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00b9sb; it would be the Voigtländer Vitoret D with the original hard and shiny brown camera case to protect it from the apocalyptic exploding debris. It was purchased used from a Toronto pawnshop for around $30-35 in 1971 with my allowance money. The light meter failed within the first week of ownership. I had it repaired for around $12. It failed again within a couple of weeks. But, with the aid of a used $10 analogue hand held light meter (which also failed within a few weeks after it's purchase), the exposures were accurate, however. I moved onto a new Minolta SR-T 101 a couple of years later...</p>

<p>My carry will be a Barnack' A Canon IIf. Its got a 50mm 1.9 on it but a Jupiter 12 seems like a prudent wide to carry. Lots of pre-cut film to "save time" while reloading seemed like a good thing. Hope my one hour drug store will be open but what with the end of the world and all who can vouch for the work ethic at the local CVS? Mine started shutting down at 11AM each day. I could really be stuck if I start shooting like there's no tomorrow! AH H H. .. ... what to do ...... </p>

<p>i</p>

• 1 year later...