D600 and Nikon solution

steve_bingham

<p>Well, It looks like Nikon may have found a solution for the early D600 problems of lubrication and dust spots. I just received a D600 from B&H (today) with the serial number 30<strong>6</strong>0xxx. With over 120 shots cranked off I can not find a <strong>SINGLE</strong> dust spot or oil spot. Not one. Amazing. Never happened before with all my other Nikon bodies. <br>

So I blew up the sky shot to 300% - and then to pixel level in PS CS6. Nothing. Clean as a whistle. So then I pushed the slide, narrowing the Levels and throwing in a strong S curve (PS CS6). Nothing, right up to the point where the image fell apart.<br>

<strong>Conclusive? Nope. But damn encouraging!</strong> I have owned (Nikon bodies) the Fuji S2, Kodak SLR/n, D2x, D200, D300, D3x, D700, D7000, D800, and now the D600. (I buy and sell bodies like crazy. Sometimes at a profit when I am an early adapter). However, the D600 reports made me extremely nervous. Bad, bad, bad.<br>

I also see that others are also having excellent results with later bodies (Lensrentals.com forum)<br>

Meanwhile, my Rocket Blower and pec Pads stand at the ready! (I certainly needed them on the earlier bodies)<br>

Keep the faith!<br>

Steve Bingham<br>

www.ghost-town-photography.com<br>

<a href="http://www.dustylens.com">www.dustylens.com</a></p>

<p>Steve, maybe (just maybe) Nikon tried different lube scheme....and it backfired on them ? My D700 never had this issue nor have I ever heard anyone reporting such outcome. This sounds encouraging and if they don't come up with D700s/750, I just might force myself to go after the D600. It is tough to let go of those extra FPS (I only need it on occasion). You sound like a happy camper.</p>

<p>Les</p>

<p>Steve - I was in your state, and mine from Adorama was also 306xxxx spots started showing up at f5.6 and without needing any enhancement on LR as some posts suggest on the web. This happened after around 150 or so pics. On the upper left section of the pics .</p>

<p>Mine were 3 large sticky dirty spots.</p>

<p>I've exchanged mine at the NY store and the serial number now is 305xxx, I know backwards progression of serial numbers, but that is all they had in store, and the store experts said they have not received any camera back that was sold in the store ! So keeping my faith alive and will be clicking more pics soon with the replacement. </p>