New model gossip?

beth_adams

<p>LOL - I'll take dogs and horses over people any day! Thanks for the support you guys - It's a bit lonely surrounded by wedding and family photogs sometimes. Just had a discussion about flash scaring dogs with someone (Santa almost got bit last weekend) and what some options were... they just didn't get the issues around large, shiny or flashing equipment - LOL</p>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I also hope for something like a d400; for all the reasons already cited but also because I find the shooting mode dial of d7000 to be a pain in the a**. There is no lock on it. I much prefer the three buttons found on the D300 over the plastic shooting mode dial... Very disappointed in the d600 because of the cheapo plastic mode dial...<br /> I've been using a d7000 for the extra MP and the better image quality, but the D300 still feels much better in the hand.</p>

<p><em>"I've been using a d7000 for the extra MP and the better image quality, but the D300 still feels much better in the hand."</em><br>

<em> </em><br>

<em><br /></em>The pricey MB D-11 grip makes a huge difference in how the D7000 handles. Suspect any replacement might involve a bulked-up body or possibly an integral grip with command wheels and extra release. Still, $300 for a grip when the D7000 is selling in some markets for<$800 is bizarre.</p>