6d, 5dii, 5diii

christopher_diao1

<p>The III vs. the II is all about a huge leap in the AF speed and accuracy. The other major change is the 6-fps. If you shoot portraits, scenic images, travel, etc., then those will not be very important. If you use it for shooting birds, sports and nature, then they'll be huge to you.</p>

<p>DR for RAW files is only about half a step improved and then only at ISO 1600 and above.</p>

<p>Having used the 5D2 since its release and having most recently rented the 5D3 for a week of stage productions, I found substantial improvements in my JPGs and RAW files from the 5D3 - as to the JPGS, I was amazed at the very high percentage that were fine right out of the camera. I shoot mostly low light stage productions and the difference was significant - if not night and day. YMMV.</p>

<p>Jeff, what improvements in the RAW files did you see comparing the 5D MkII and the MkIII? I'm only seeing differences above ISO 1600 and they're less than 1EV of dynamic range until ISO 6400. Below ISO 1600 they seem close to identical. Shooting stage, you may be using ISO 3200 and 6400 at lot, which is where I see Raw improvement.</p>

<p>I don't shoot jpeg, but I've read of substantial improvements in the in-camera processing, with almost a full-stop improvement in DR at most ISOs.</p>

<p>DxO Mark is showing little or no improvement in the Raw files below the high ISOs.</p>