Which Leica M bodies are black paint?

kivis

<blockquote>

<p>Which Leica M bodies came in black paint (not black chrome)?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Leica M3, M2, and M4 (later M4s were produced in black chrome in limited quantities) cameras were all produced in black paint in very limited numbers. There were some special edition M6TTL cameras produced in black paint, including the M6 Millennium (2000 units), a LHSA edition in even smaller quantities, and a hand full of others. You will pay a premium for any of these.</p>

<p>All black Leica MP cameras (unless produced under the a-la-carte program) are painted with very soft enamel (it will rub off very easily).</p>

<p>Black M5, M4-2, M4-P, M6 classic, M6TTL (excepting special editions), and M7 cameras were all produced exclusively in black chrome.</p>

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

<p>I own two Black Paint LHSA TTL's - one which I purchased new in 2001, the other I purchased in "as new" condition (boxed, never shot film, just exersized occasionally) last year for 3K. Great workhorse cameras, nice patina with age, and somehow feeling smoother operating than the standard versions of the TTL, and still typically less expensive than a used MP. <br>

I've owned many M's over the years, in all versions (M3's through MP's)...but I think these two TTL's will accompany me to my grave. They really bring it all together for me. At any rate, there always seem to be a few BP LHSA TTL's around, and although they certainly aren't getting any less expensive, I can highly recommend them! </p>

• 11 months later...