Lab near Washington, DC

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I've recently moved to the DC area and am looking for a local lab. I found this thread:</p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/film-and-processing-forum/00Togw</p>

<p>The thread is a few years old, and I haven't been able to find a place that has many reviews online. I am looking for someone who does both color print and slide, and b/w print. I prefer to stay local, and am already aware of the mail-in options. I still have a freezer full of Plus-X and Royal Supra that I've been working through, and the place that I had been doing my processing at went out of business right before I moved away.</p>

<p>Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Best,<br>

LB</p>

<p>Depending on where you are in the area, you might want to give Penn Camera a try. They're now a piece of the Calumet chain, but they're still giving serious local photographers great services. Check with them to see if they're still handling your formats.</p>

<p>Thanks, Matt! I am near Old Town Alexandria for both live and work. I have a fridge shelf full of exposed film waiting to go in. It's mostly 120 with some 35mm mixed in so far; I'm doing my first fall foliage drive next weekend and have a few rolls of Velvia 50 that are going along - have you had any experiences with Penn's E-6?</p>

<p>Penn Camera - the one at E & 9th St. in D.C. - has done some of my 120 C-41 stuff and they do a great job! and at a very fair price. (I understand they also do B&W, but not E-6). Btw, they got a Coolscan 9000 for rent if you need to do some pro-scanning.<br>

Also check out 'Dodge Chrome' over on MacArthur Blvd. (just across the river in D.C.). There a FULL service lab. They do it all; 35mm to 8x10, c-41, e-6, b&w and scanning services.</p>

<p>I live in DC and can vouch for Dodge Chrome for E-6 development. The slides always come back clean — no complaints. That said, they charge a lot for scans. If you want your slides both developed and scanned, it may make more sense to mail them somewhere like NCPS.</p>

<p>Oh wow, thank you for all of the responses! I noticed that Dodge Chrome also has a storefront drop-off in McLean, which is nearby. I may send a roll to all 3 over the next few weeks to try them out.</p>

<p>Richard - that is good to know about the rental scanner - I may do that at some point!</p>