Where to get posters and canvas printed?

<p>I cannot believe the amount of information about business photography available here. I will spend the next weeks reading everything. So glad for this community. <br>

Now my question. <br />I will be getting my photography diploma in about two months. I'm working on a portfolio and website as my final school project.<br>

I however would like to start selling artworks with my images now. Posters, canvas, prints, cards. Since I'm starting, I would like this project to be cheap to make a profit. And if the printing company I work with can take care of the shipping as well, that would be marvelous. <br>

Is there such a website that can do what I'm looking for?<br /><br /><br>

Thank you, </p>

<p>Cheap being the criteria, Costco has done well for the price and it does profiles. Canvas prints have turned out well and a substantially lower than elsewhere. Of course membership is required. Adormapix has decent prices and sales and facebook short lived pop up bargains. Nations Photo has been good for the prices as well and occasional sales.</p>

<p>Nadia,</p>

<p>You may think you are ready for the big time but I percieve one weak link in what you have presented. Have you looked at the paper choices you need to consider for the final print?</p>

<p>Those choices will have an impact on each photo's presentation to a potential buyer, as well as the aesthetic qualities you want for yourself as the creative artist. Even if you prefer a matte or a baryta type digital print, you may find your customers prefer a gloss print. The average buyer is usually only familiar with gloss or lustre papers. So most of your sales may be on those types of papers.</p>

<p>I think Costco ships prints. Which means you can take advantage of their full services online. While most people are familiar with the basic photo labs. Some of the stores also have full service copying centers too. These will have duplicates of some of the larger format printers and offer banner printing too.</p>

<p>For posters I recommend looking at their heavier poster paper and especially the board stock. I really like the board stock as it is Fuji 450-470 weight stock. It will not kink like the thinner papers so there is a lesser chance of damage from handling by you or the buying public. It has a semi-gloss finish and is very smooth so prints in color can be brilliant. The largest size is normally 20x30. However they have just started adding the 24x36 size board for $30. For me, this means I can print two 12x36 panoramas and cut the board in half. So I no longer have to use the lightweight Fuji film. The epson printer used for the Board stock does not print to the edge. You lose about a 1/2 inch area around the board. To be safe I build in a 3/4" border. So the file I provide is sized to the size of the paper and the printed image is about 1.5" smaller on both dimensions and then centered. This builds in the border. The border gives you a safe handling area and material for a matte to mount over the print. Another great advantage is the board stock need not be framed. Just lean it against a wall on a shelf.</p>

<p>Have fun...Mathew</p>