Fuji Neopan 1600

<p>Only one reason: they didn't sell enough of it to make it profitable. I understand there was some raw material shortage issue with Neopan 400 which has now been resolved. I don't know if the same problem affected Neopan 1600 or was a factor in Fuji's decision.</p>

<p>The high speed films have short shelf-life. If you can't sell a minimum production run through the distribution channel to end users before it goes bad, the economics of that film product go to hell. The retailers can generally return the film to the manufacturer if they don't sell if before the expiration date. So if you can only sell half the production run, you have to double the wholesale price, which causes sales to fall by half, which means you have to double the price, ... You never reach a profit. The supply cost curve never intersects with the demand curve. Microeconomics 101.<br>

This is what did in Neopan 1600 and TMAX 3200.<br>

Ilford's production line allows rather small minimum production runs, which is why they can make a better go of low-volume films like Delta 3200.<br>

Kodak's hyper-automated production line has a rather large minimum production run, their master rolls are huge.</p>

<p>I imagine it's been dropped essentially due to no longer being a profitable product. Producing and selling loss-making products is not the way to run a business, large or small.</p>

<p>FYI, "Ilford has reminded customers that they can still use its own Delta 3200 film."<br>

<a href="http://www.ephotozine.com/article/ilford--delta-3200-film-still-available-20432">

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/ilford--delta-3200-film-still-available-20432</a></p>

<p>Neopan 800? Is not a real film. If you meant the 400 yes it is pushable and I use it at 800 all the time. I do hope the 120 comes back as Fuji hinted it would this month but the thing is It still builds contrast to a point where the faster T grain D grain N grain films don't start to act funny after 3200.</p>