Photos of the USA olympic team.

<p>I happen to like Klamar's photographs, more than the other photographer's who were shooting that day. They are quirky and interesting and make you take a good look at them. If it wasn't for his photos', how many people would even bother to look at images of Olympic athletes. <br>

Why pick on him only? Look at the picture of Michael Phelps stretching by Lucas Jackson, it makes him look armless. The other photographers' works are boring, frankly.</p>

<p>I tend to agree, Jerry. After looking at the photos several times over the past week and reading more of the background story (the very rushed conditions PJ's had to work in), I give Klamar bonus points for at least *trying* an imaginative approach. And some of the photos do work well. I actually like most of the blue background, heavy vignetting photos.</p>

<p>Overall most of the photos of the athletes by every participating photographer were pretty blah, but given the conditions - only a few minutes per athlete, very cramped conditions necessitating backdrops that were too narrow for anything but conventional portraits - I doubt most of us could have done any better. At least Klamar took a risk and tried some creativity.</p>

<p>This episode should serve as a timely reminder that: Photography is a hard task mistress. No matter how hard you try, and how much experience you have, sometimes the image you seek will remain elusive.</p>

<p>And, one should never discount the role that luck plays in this game!</p>