Rollei 3,5 F flash lever advice, please!

knut_schwinzer

<p>Hi all, I have a 3.5 F camera on which the flash lever with the bulb/X choice came loose.<br>

A screw fell inside the body, the lever I could save. The screw is clicking around inside freely. Is there a possibility to know if this can be repared easily; or if I could simply leave it alone; or could this screw obstruct a normal <br />functioning of the camera?!<br>

<br />It sounds a little stupid now as I'm writing it, best would be to fix it, but still looking for any parallel experiences, as money is scarce...</p>

<p>Thanks for reading!</p>

<div>00aWQi-475421784.thumb.jpg.ab255f0c652a3bc7a2e6d3cdce35ecdb.jpg</div>

<p>If you are brave and adventurous you could take the front cover off and find it and probably figure out how to repair it. There are screws at all the corners under the leather and you have to take off the thin ring type nuts from the pc and shutter button. then put the shutter in lock position and the whole front plate will lift off leaving the lenses exposed as well as the controls. The trick is to not get the controls out of alignment with the shutter and the fstops and the meter. Find the lost screw and see how it goes back on and then carefully put the cover back on. Or you could just send it in to Krikor and have him do it. </p>

<p>That was quick, D Purdy! Thanks a lot! Is there any recommended setting for speed/fstops before taking the front cover off?<br>

I'm in Europe, so sending the camera off to NJ for putting back a screw will be uneconomic, and as spanish toll went completely crazy ultimately, I would like not to risk an import tax for my own camera.<br>

I'll have a look myself, thanks again,<br>

all the best,</p>

<p>Knut</p>

There are repair shops within the EU too, of course.<br>I don't know about Spain. For me the nearest Rollei-repair shop is <a href="http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/">Paepke Fototechnik</a> in Düsseldorf, Germany.<br>If you have to send the camera in anyway, it doesn't matter much to what EU-country the mail has to take it to. No customs and tax or duties involved.

<p>If you decide to give it a go then I would set the dials at 500th and f22. <br>

On the pc there is a little wire that locks in a rollei flash cord, that has to come off.<br>

I think you might be able to leave the shutter button alone other than to lock it. If you take the cover with the shutter unlocked the button will fall out... no real big deal. <br>

I have actually done this to both an F and an FX because when the cover is off it is really easy to clean the lenses. You can unscrew the front elements and blow out the dust.<br>

When I put the F back together the dials were stuck because I managed to move them a bit out of alignment. I took the cover back off and fixed it. When I put the FX back together the shutter button wouldn't work... I had it slightly miss aligned with the wire on the bottom it pushes... I merely turned the button a bit and it was fixed. <br>

Be careful when you lift the cover off gently that some washer doesn't fall off.</p>

• 2 weeks later...