Peter Lik Arch Hunting In Utah

<p>I have the Weather Channel on while working on photos. Sneaking a peak of Peter Lik hunting for arches and the beautiful scenery has me craving for a road trip back to Utah.<br>

Lik cracks his lens after hiking most of the day to reach Stevens Arch. He wanted to travel light, and he only carried one lens, so the day long hike was for nothing. I would think that someone in Lik's crew could of carried an extra lens or two:) I would of taken two lens and maybe two bodies. Actually, I did that during some of my hiking. My Nikon 70-200mm lens cap is still out there somewhere:-( <br>

Here is a clip of the show, including the cracked lens segment- http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/on-tv-43/from-the-edge-403/arch-hunting-20452</p>

<p>He couldn't borrow a camera and lens from the crew that follows him around? Bear Grylls would have carved a replacement lens from tree bark and ice.</p>

<p>Is it just me or is anyone else waiting for Lik to jump out of a truck, pounce on a stray mountain or waterfall that had wandered into someone's pool, wrestle it to the ground, tie a rope around its jaws and transport it to a safer area?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I was at a Lik gallery in Vegas last month. His work is at the Palazzo hotel next to the Vebnetian. I just happend to be there for a vaca.<br>

Really nice impressive stuff. I saw some of the shots from his episodes, looks even better in person printed. That being said,<br>

I agree with Lupo, I think he could have whipped out that mamyia. You can't tell me he did not bring it in that big backpack of his. lol<br>

Television is for entertainment purposes.<br>

I do love his show though.</p>