Equipment insurance for armature photographer living out of the USA?

aesco48

<p>Hello,<br>

Any one have any advice related to equipment insurance (body, glass, laptop) for an armature photographer who is living in Egypt?<br>

I have a house in the US but I am not sure how it would work since I am temp living in Egypt for another 1-2 years.</p>

<p>[The option of insurance though an Egyptian company is a joke.]<br>

<br>

Thx<br>

AE</p>

<p>Andres, I guess you mean amateur and not armchair photographer. Photo.Net has an insurance option, but I'm not sure it applies outside of USA. If so, maybe someone could indicate that as I would also be interested in it.</p>

<p>If you own and insure a home in the US it is worth checking with your broker about what coverage they might provide. Just make it clear that you will be living fulltime in Egypt for a couple of years (or whatever the time is) so that you get that as part of the written contract. I know I checked with my company when I was in Europe for a while a few years ago, and they provided a rider for the equipment for that timeframe.</p>

• 5 weeks later...

<p>Read the fine print on the insurance in terms of what's covered and the situations where there is no covered.</p>

<p>The coverage offered via photo.net requires that there be evidence of a break in. This means if the equipment is stolen when you are on the street, it's not covered. If some steals it out of a car without breaking a window, it's not covered. If someone from your hotel uses their key card to access your room and steal your equipment, it's not covered.</p>