Hike with a Rolleiflex Automat

<p>Went hiking with my son 3 weeks ago to Lost Maples State Natural Area near Vanderpool, Texas. Loaded a roll of Fujichrome RDP 100 in the old Rolleiflex with 75mm Tessar lens and gave it some exercise as well. </p><div>00aQKt-468815584.jpg.3fe7fbde3a979e9db0405df00a83e01c.jpg</div>

<p>Nice work. Like the prickly pears especially.</p>

<p>I have a number of medium format cameras, but my only TLR is a Weltaflex. I'm thinking maybe I need to get a Rolleiflex one of these days. I sure wish their prices were dropping, though. This is one of those areas where demand has kept the objects out of "price of a pizza or two" class.</p>

<p>Thanks all. Acker Imaging (formerly AZ Lab) in Houston did the E6 processing and I recommend them. I scanned the film on my Epson V700, finished in Aperture 3. <br /> I like the 3.5 Tessar lens. It easily holds sharpness stopped down. I also have a Rolleiflex 3.5F with Planar lens. The Planar is plain awesome but the Tessar was a better choice for a long hiking trip. Beware with Rolleiflexes, it's hard to have just one.</p>

<p>Hey these are great landscape photos! Wonderful to see some Chrome shots too. Nothing matches a medium format transparency when you nail the exposure. There are indeed still E-6 labs out there.... we have one in St. Louis called Allied Photo Color. Let's hope the chemistry remains available affordably now that Kodak has killed off their E-6 films.</p>

Like everybody; loved seeing E6 scans. I was literally blown away the first time I held a MF transaprency and the feeling has never left me. I just did some with a Rollei T a few weeks ago. I doubt if my scans will match the quality you have here. I used to like the TLR format more. Now a combination of format and poor eyesight (I can't decide at the waist difference if it is sharp enough and then flip the Lupe out every time) have made it less fun and less desirable . When I was younger I liked both the format and I was happy waist focussing. It was also stealth. Looks like a fun hike! I liked all the shots and the Cactus was a big hit! I have another old roll of Ektachrome T maybe I'll ...take a hike

• 1 month later...