Choose Opening Screen?

havanai

<p>It used to be that when I opened photo.net, the opening screen contained photographs. Now it contains equipment reviews. Is there any way to choose what screen appears by default when you log onto photo.net? I'd like to see the top photos of the last 24 hours or last 3 days. Can I set that as my opening screen?<br>

Long-time member.</p>

<p>There are no fewer images on the homepage than there were a year (or 5) ago. In fact, with the addition of the two galleries lower down, there are actually significantly more images now on the homepage than there were a few months ago. The "daily sampling" is on a scroll now, so it there are a 4 thumbnail images showing at a time rather than the static 8. But those images are bigger than the previous layout and there are a total of 24 each day (and, as the homepage states, you can see them all by going to <a href="../gallery/sample-gallery">this page</a>). Yes, the editorial content is more prominent. But for the most part, that was done at the expense of removing a lot of text boxes and links rather than removing images. </p>

<p>That all having been said, no, you cannot customize what appears when you type in http://www.photo.net to your browser. What you can do is pick a page that you like on the site and bookmark it, then just use that bookmark to start your browsing on the site. I myself use the unified forum view or the unified new-responses page. A good suggestion if you like images might be the previously mentioned daily sampling page or the critique forum.</p>