Expert Photography - witness Needed

<p>I saw this on craigslist & thought I would share it with you guys:<br>

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/med/2893741927.html</p>

<p> Pro Bono Expert Witnesses Needed (Midtown East)</p>

<p>Date: 2012-03-09, 5:46PM EST<br>

Reply to: pks9t-2893741927@job.craigslist.org</p>

<p>I am representing two photographers in a public interest-oriented copyright litigation that may become a landmark case. The case involves a company that failed to pay the agreed fee for photographs which it used for a major national advertising campaign, using the photographs without having a license to do so. The company has tried to excuse its conduct by asserting that the photographs were of low quality and/or defective. I took this case to stand up for the rights of young independent artists who are, much too often, taken advantage of by arrogant large corporations---the Court requires us to be ready for trial on an expedited schedule but we have only limited budget for experts. I need one or more experienced photographers who can provide a fair and objective analysis of whether the photographs were or reasoanble quality. Of equal importance, I need an expert witness who can testify as to the value of these photographs and the damages that my clients suffered because of their illegal use. And I need an accountant or economist who can provide testimony concerning the amount of damages that my client suffered, and the amount of damages that should be awarded if the Court finds that the infringement was willful. I am looking for objective, fair and honest witnesses who perform this task because they have a commitment to a system that treates independent artists with dignity, respect and economic fairness. </p>

<p>Compensation: Pro Bono</p>

<p>If they were of such poor quality and/or defective, why did the company deem them fit for use? Quality is relative to the purpose they are to serve, IMHO. Another point: although I don't know what images you are referring to, the number of pixels, ppi/definition, blur, etc. may or may not have anything at all to do with quality depending on the artist's intent--there is some pretty high quality art floating around that is low in pixels and high on the blur factor. Final point: you say "agreed fee" was not paid. That seems pretty clear. Seems to me you have a pretty good case. Just throwing in my 2 cents...I'll defer to the many experts on this web site--you ought to find someone willing to jump on this. Fred? Lex? JDM? This will be interesting to see how it pans out--let us know the final verdict!</p>