Canon G11 with Elements 7.0

<p>Hello,<br>

I have been using Photoshop elements 4.0 with my Nikon D70 and Canon G5 for several years. I shoot mostly raw with both cameras. <br>

I recently replaced the G5 with a Canon G11 and Elements 4.0 wouldn't open the raw files. I bought a used copy of elements 7.0 because I had read that this would accommodate the G11's raw files. <br>

However -- right out of the box it wouldn't open the G11 raw files. I went to the adobe website and downloaded the camera raw update that was supposed to work with the G11 files but it still won't open them. <br>

I can use the Canon software that came with the G11, but I'd much rather use Elements to open, organize and edit raw files from both my Nikon and Canon cameras. <br>

Any insight would be much appreciated.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>While I don't know for sure, I doubt Elements 7 will open G11 Raw files. It looks like Elements 8 and the G11 were released around the end of 2009. So my guess is you need at least v8. That said, with Elements 9 Adobe finally gave us quick layer masks, yeah! However, somewhere along the line Elements alone quit doing slideshows and such: you need Elements w/Premiere, the video editing software to do that. In any case, I simply recommend getting the current version of Elements. I would settle for v9 if I found a decent price but that is as old as I would go.</p>