Yashica 44 Hood on Rolleiflex?

lcd

<p>The hood for the Yashica 44 camera is in Bay 1. It is slightly smaller in its size compared to the one for the 6x6 camera.<br>

Would this hood work for a Bay 1 Rolleiflex? I suspect it might cause vignetting problems and issues with filters. Does anybody have any experience with this?<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p>Definitely Mathew. Unfortunately I clicked too fast and bought this gray square metal hood. It was described as bay 1 and working on Rolleiflex, so I thought it could work on my Automat. I then found out online it is a bay 1 but for 4x4 TLR. I might have to resell it and buy a "real one".<br /> Thanks</p>

<p>Luca,</p>

<p>Before you sell the hood, why don't you check with your camera to see if there is a problem?</p>

<p>Mount the hood on your camera's lens. Then set the shutter to B and leave the aperture wide open. Now, open up the camera, and looking from behind, fire the shutter and hold the shutter button down. If you look through your lens at a light or bright subject, and don't see parts of the hood in the corners, then you should be fine.</p>

<p>Great tip Robert, I didn't think about that . Thanks.<br /> I will get the new hood at the beginning of next week. I will try it to see how it works<br /> And John, thanks for the offer. We'll see.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I got it tonight. I actually like it. It seems to work quite well on both the Rolleiflex and the Diacord, and I like the gray color.<br /> It doesn't really lock in place but it is not loose. It actually has a better, slightly tighter fit on the Diacord. No problems with filters either. I checked at Bulb all open I cannot see the edges of the hood at all; so I am guessing it should work well with no vignetting. The difference in size with a standard hood is probably negligible.<br /> Thanks everyone for the good comments and suggestions.</p>