Olympus 35 RC Repair Parts

<p>Hi,<br>

Today I picked up a Olympus 35 RC with a missing shutter speed dial. The speeds themselves are fine, the shutter works great, the lens is beautiful, the meter works as it should and so does the rangefinder.... but it's missing that dial.<br>

I was wondering if anybody has a body that's beat that I could salvage a dial from (i'd pay, of course), if I should manufacture my own, or just sell the body on ebay and spend it on something else.<br>

Any suggestions would be great.<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p>I was going to suggest just buying another one on ebay. But then I looked: the prices are incredible. It must be a cult camera now. My father bought me one in about 1980-something, and I still remember it costing $115. Personally, I'd move on. In spite of it being a nice camera with a good lens, the shutter mechanism is prone to failure. I had mine replaced once for $90. The second time it went, I didn't bother to replace it. Unless you know you can have it fixed, I'd sell it.</p>

• 11 months later...
<p>This was really helpful! I actually have the same problem. I picked up an Olympus 35 RC for $5 today, but it was missing the shutter speed dial and the self timer lever. They are both available on Zuiko.com for a reasonable price. Thanks @Lex Jenkins</p>