A few water shots with the 8x10

<p>hi allen, i scanned these on my epson v700, i post here and my flickr account. what lens do you have? i have a couple lenses for 8x10, my favorite lens is my 19inch red dot artar. it doesnt have a shutter though. i use a salad dressing jar lid, which is fine because most of my exposures with it are long. amazing how much that lens goes for in a shutter. </p>

<p>Hi John, thanks for the info! Did you scan the negative directly or the print? So far I have one lens that came with the camera, a Burke & James Carl Meyer Anastigmat 305mm f/4.5. Probably not a standout lens, but hopefully good enough to do the job at least for a little while! I've used it once, but I plan to give it a workout over the next few months, one project being interiors of the National Cathedral in DC. Cheers and thanks again, Allan</p>

<p>hi allen i did scan the negative directly, cool thing about 8x10 is just about any lens will work great for contact prints, i have a very old wollensak wide angle that i use sometimes and you can hardly tell the difference between it and the coated SA that i use, Rob thanks so much for the kind words. </p>