Troll e-mails from DON Davenport, blown highlights

dave_wilson1

<p>I received and reported to administrator what appears to be a troll e-mail, titled in red, "ur ignorant comments on blown whites", and then a bunch of derrogatory dribble about blown highlights etc. . He has no forum participation, signed on the other day April 9, and has 30 hits on his name. So obviously he's just sending out e-mails. Did anyone else get one? I didn't respond to e-mail, because then they would get my regular e-mail I guess, so be careful.</p>

<p>No, Ann. PN's messaging system doesn't use cookies that are then handed through some sneaky back channel to the person who generated the message. There's no mechanism for that. Use the messaging system yourself, so you can see how it's set up.<br /><br />Regardless, a cookie does no good for someone who wants to spot a familiar person/browser unless the person doing the surfing proceeds on to some web site that's been set up to check for that <em>exact same cookie</em>. And the cookie has to be issued from the <em>same server</em> that does the checking again, later - you can't use one server to inspect a cookie issued by some other server (that's the whole point).<br /><br />This is why cookies simply aren't that big a deal in drive-by situations like that. You can completely ignore them, unless you actually start wandering off to visit web sites run by the same person that launched the message. Spammy people using forum message relaying just aren't a worry in that respect.<br /><br />People who do worry can simply set up their browsers to only allow cookies that they specifically permit. As you <em>already know</em>. Are you worried that William isn't sufficiently worried about a troll?</p>