Photographer or Photocinematographer ?

<p>"I've seen people with this setup, and more sophisticated ones, at every press conference I've worked."<br />I work in Washington, D.C., arguably one of the news capitals of the world, and I have never seen a news crew shooting with a DSLR. Maybe there's a newspaper guy being pushed to turn in video for a web site in addition to stills. But every single TV station/TV network crew that I've seen still shoots with an actual video camera.</p>

<blockquote>

<p> But every single TV station/TV network crew that I've seen still shoots with an actual video camera.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br /><br>

I see a lot of the foreign press using them here in the US. I see the sports magazines using them. I see them at events. The rental place I use (generally not a consumer place) says that they can't keep up with the demand for 5D2s for video. I haven't seen a TV crew using one either, but there is plenty of press besides TV, in fact, I see more independent and internet press now than I do TV people, except for crime scenes and disasters.</p>

<p>Wonder if you can record video in a vertical frame configuration with the DSLR and have it read right the same as shooting stills. Most dedicated camcorders couldn't do that at least the ones I used back in the '80's.</p>

<p>Ever watch a right reading video in a vertical frame configuration instead of traditional horizontal landscape? I bet it looks goofy and becomes irritating to watch after a while.</p>

<p>Tim .. I remember reading about people who did this with their 8mm holiday movies when a camera came out which felt 'more natural' to be held on its side. I don't remember the camera model, sorry :-)<br>

Would have been at least 40 years ago.</p>