Shake reduction feedback??

ty22

I had just received my "like new" DA 40 & 70 and was looking to test them out. Since they were used,I wanted to test that they weren't

duds sold off to keh. (they're not duds; sharp and beautiful)

Anyway, I put them on a tripod and aimed them at a wall. I hit live view and zoomed to manually focus. As soon as I pressed the info

button to zoom, the image started to shake violently and there was a disconcerting buzz from the camera. When I turned live view off it

stopped, but was repeatable. I turned the SR off and everything was fine.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Any thoughts on what caused it??

<p>What caused it is clear. You had SR on while mounted to a tripod. The camera attempted to compensate for movement that wasn't there. Lens-based and sensor-based shake reduction systems should be turned off when using a tripod. </p>

<p>You don't mention what camera you're using but some amount of noise from SR in live view is typical.</p>

<p>I can't say I've ever noticed a 'violent shake' to the image however -- if I lay the camera down on a table with live view active it doesn't do anything like that.</p>

<p>For what it's worth, I don't usually need to turn off SR explicitly -- the camera will do this when using the 2-second timer. And when I shoot on a tripod, I usually use that 2-second timer.</p>

<p>i actually took the test shots with the remote and the mirror lock-up. it was only my sequence of steps that had me focussing with live view before the drive mode change and the first shot.<br>

this happened on my k7 and i was curious why it took zooming in with live view for the SR to go nuts. i have used the camera a bit for handheld video, live view and SR on, but this definitely produced more noise than that. the image shake seemed to accelerate until i turned the live view off; something like a feedback loop...</p>