How to become a subscriber...

jpk

<p>... not having a credit card?<br>

Yesterday I tried to upload a new photo to my portfolio, but the only result was a message: "<em>You are <strong>not a subscriber</strong>, and your quota is currently <strong>147</strong> photos. With a Gallery portfolio of <strong>215</strong> photos, using <strong>45</strong> megabytes of storage, you are <strong>over</strong> your quota</em>."<br>

The same message reads: " In general, if you submit all of your photos for critique in the Critique Forum, you will always have enough quota to upload a few more. "<br>

The problem is that ALL of my photos have already been submitted in the Critique Forum, so it seems to me, that only possible solution is to subscribe PN. Unfortunately I don't have (and I WILL NOT have) a credit card. I will appreciate any advice.<br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

Jack.</p>

<p>Perhaps rotate your current images, removing some older ones, adding new ones? Or consider using PayPal to pay for a subscription. You don't need a credit card, just a bank account. You might also just look into a pre-paid debit card, filled with just enough money to handle the occasional modest online activity. You can get them almost anywhere - certainly your bank would gladly take a few dollars in cash and load up a pre-paid card for you, without tying it to your account if you don't want that. There are all sorts of reasons to be able to present even a modest amount of money online, and it's bever been easier to do so. Credit and debit cards are not the same thing - just making sure you're clear on the difference.</p>

<p>The non subscriber limit is now 100 photos. It was previously 5 photos, but you could bypass that by submitting images to the critique forum. That was something that was put into place when there wasn't a lot of activity in the critique forum. Currently we have more submissions to the critique forum than we have people to give good critiques. So the new rules for adding images past the 100 limit is:<br /><br />30 ratings = 1 additional upload <br />or<br />10 comments = 1 additional upload<br /><br />Or, you could just become a subscriber and not have any of these issues. Subscribers can pay via Paypal, credit/debit card, or (if you are in the USA and willing to purchase a 3yr subscription) via check/money order. Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to email me if you wish to use the mail-in option. Otherwise, as has been suggested, you can ask a friend with a creditcard or paypal to use the "give this member a gift subscription" option that appears on your member page.</p>