Baltimore area "Sailabration"

Laura Weishaupt

Tom, thanks for starting the no words thread. It was good to see. I really like your evening shot. When we got back from the fireworks sail on Lynx we saw the ships all lit up from the water taxi. It was breath taking. We were completely spent and had no energy left to do anything save get to bed. I was happy to get up early the next morning for no crowds and pleasant lighting.

I put together a portfolio of the Lynx sail. Over the next few days I'll get some of the better shots sorted out. The event exceeded all hope and expectation. The Indonesian ship KRI Dewaruci has an amazing crew. When I went on the ship they picked me out to give me a shirt and took my picture. It was so cool. Their drumming was incredible.

Between the sights, smells, and Blue Angels screaming across the sky the event was quite a feast for the senses.

<p>Hi Laura - Thanks for the kind words on my evening shot. Unfortunately, with the extremely limited time I had, I was running around that night like the proverbial "chicken-with-its-head-cut-off" and never even noticed the street light and other junk in the lower part of that image. If I had moved a couple of feet, it would have been gone. :-(</p>

<p>I'm definitely looking forward to seeing lots more photos from this big event. </p>

<p>Best regards,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>