Nikon Wednesday 2012: #11

Matt Laur

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Spring Break at the Zoo. It was very, very crowded, but that made it more fun to watch people feeding (or trying to feed) the giraffes. This was taken just after a feeding break, but obviously the giraffes had had enough for the day.</p><div>00a8jC-450179584.jpg.82d2f09c8f0d3a9e33193c48ca9975d0.jpg</div>

<p>Another old shot. I just used it as an example in a forum and thought it would be a nice for Nikon Wednesday. <br>

A month or so after rotator cuff surgery, Keena wanted to go to the beach. It was still a bit cold, but she wasn't taking "no" for an answer. I'm lying on my just operated on left shoulder praying that I don't rip out the stitches. Luckily I didn't and also got the shot!</p><div>00a8jK-450183584.jpg.14c1b103f0bc7c54a23d76a943274173.jpg</div>

<p>Hello everyone. You never know what you will see or hear walking in the streets of the French Quarter.<br>

This is Doreen's Jazz New Orleans. What beautiful sounds they made.<br>

You can hear how beautifully she played here:<br>

Hope you enjoy<br>

d7000 35-70 f/2.8 at 2.8 1/250</p>

<p> </p><div>00a8jZ-450185584.jpg.e5a0d1af27eb849cbdcfb276550462bd.jpg</div>

<p>John Sitler, that's a wonderful shot. Congratulations! </p>

<p>I've been playing in my (make-shift) studio to make this "self-portrait". This time I used the D50 with the 55-200 that's glued to it, an SB-600 and an SB-80DX. Models were the D90 and Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. Have a good WedNesDay all!<br /> <a title=""Self Portrait" por Girona_Flashman, en Flickr" href=" "Self Portrait" src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7186/6830657292_e3cb4777a9_z.jpg" alt=""Self Portrait"" width="426" height="640" /></a></p>

<p>That's right, Ted. You use what you've got on hand, right? Not only did the turkey sandwich nicely cushion the camera, bean-bag-style, but I also ate it afterwards. Try doing <em>that</em> with a standard issue tripod head, mustard or not!<br /><br />Lots to like this week, folks!</p>

<p>That's right, Ted. You use what you've got on hand, right? Not only did the turkey sandwich nicely cushion the camera, bean-bag-style, but I also ate it afterwards. Try doing <em>that</em> with a standard issue tripod head, mustard or not!<br /><br />Lots to like this week, folks!</p>