Advice on Air Print compatible printer

<p>Hi, I have an Canon i960 that still works well, but now that I've upgraded my computer to a new iMac, and we have iPhones and an iPad in the family, I'm interested in switching to a wireless printer for convenience. <br>

I'm feeling a little muddled about it, however. I think I mainly want a cheaper wireless (Air Print) printer for every day family use, and will eventually get a professional photo printer solely for my use. I have two children and don't want them running through vast amounts of expensive ink.<br>

Any recommendations on either one (professional photo printer and also everyday one)? I've looked at a ton of reviews online and finding a good Air Print-compatible printer seems to be an issue. Any advice is appreciated.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Are you sure it's an inkjet printer you actually want? HP makes some nice home-office laser printers (color) that will do this for you. Many have a simple, but perfectly good scanner built in, as well - which is actually quite handy when you just want to use the thing as a copier. We picked up one of their CM 1415fnw units during an aggressive sale at an office supply store for about $310. I definitely prefer it over an inkjet for household/business use, and to my surprise, I've printed to it from my phone and iPad more than once.</p>

<p>"Vast amounts of expensive ink" sounds like an ink-jet to me!</p>

<p>The Canon Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printers like the PIXMA MG5220 have wireless connectivity built in. You can pick one up for maybe $85. Don't know about AirPrint support. However I think the MG5320 does have AirPrint support with the latest firmware. They're about $100.</p>

<h1> </h1>