Album Design Software

amir_vii

<p>Hello Everyone</p>

<p>I took a wedding photography course as it is a requirement for the photography program at my university.<br /> For our final project we need to design an album and hand it in . (a PDF file for class critique and a print of each page for the teacher to mark). So basically what we need is 10 spread designs (20 pages) fitting a 17x11 size paper.<br /> <br /> <strong>What are some good software that let you design albums easily? And also let you save the files without having to pay for the actual album to be sent to you. I tried lightroom but i find it too complicated. I'm pretty sure there are software just for that purpose.</strong><br>

<br /> In case my explanation didnt make any sense here is the guideline my professor uploaded.<br /> http://i44.tinypic.com/1zdykjk.jpg</p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p>I highly recommend Photojunction. It used to cost but is now free. It is suppplied by, some might say, the premium album supplier globally, Queensbury.</p>

<p>http://photojunction.com/</p>

<p>Very easy to learn. You select from a range of vendors or you start your own unique design to the exact dimension you wish. Watch the tutorial videos and you'll be up and running in a couple of hours, easily.</p>

<p>Amir, I use <a href="http://www.albumds.com"><strong>AlbumDS</strong></a>.</p>

<p>It is extremely flexible and is not tied to any album supplier/vendor. You can make spreads of the <em>exact</em> size you need. It has hundreds of nice templates, masks and page effects. They are updated regularly and easily downloadable.</p>

<p>It is designed to work within Photoshop, so you have the processing power of PS to do any further tweaks to either the pictures or the templates themselves.</p>

<p>And if you have queries, the customer service is exemplary.</p>

<p>Needless to say, I can't rate it highly enough. It has been worth every penny.</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>The overwhelmingly dominate layout soft wear used by professional designers, Art Directors, production artist and desktop publishers is <strong>Adobe</strong> <strong>In Design. </strong>Anyone that plans on making a lot of albums or engage in any other desktop publishing effort on a regular basis should adopt this software and learn it.</p>

<p>However, for a one time assignment or low volume production, one need look no further than a version of Photoshop that provides for use of layers.</p>

<p>Everything is drag-and-drop, resizable, and any image can be adjusted individually to work in concert with others on the page ... and any special effect is fully applicable to each layered image. Grids and guides can be set, saved and repeated. Any third party Photoshop plug-in like those from Nik or OnOne can be applied after the fact. The document is saved in layered form so any client changes can be done swiftly.</p>

<p>Here's one I did in Photoshop ... top panel shows the layouts in Bridge, the bottom as it appears in Photoshop ... where the layered elements appear in the column to the right ... click on any one of them and make adjustments to just that image or art, or group a set of images and apply adjustments to all of them at once. <br>

</p>

<p> </p><div>00ay2T-501067584.jpg.a915bcb3ea4ffa2184e6fec6ef177ed9.jpg</div>