Photoshop Camera Raw

<p>Using Lightroom 4, when I try to open in CS-5 for editing I get the following message. "This version of Lightroom may require<br>

the Photoshop Camera Raw version plug-in to be Version 7". "update Raw plug-in in Photoshop help menu under update. When<br>

I open that option I get a message telling me that my plug-in is up to date (Camera Raw 6.6). </p>

<p>1. Can anyone explain this problem?</p>

<p>2. more importantly, I don't want to use Camera Raw at all and am quite satisfied using Lightroom only. However, every time I<br>

try and open an image in Photoshop, it defaults to Camera Raw. Is there anyway to disable Camera Raw from opening?</p>

<p>as always thanks in advance.</p>

<p> Joe</p>

<p>Since I upgraded to LR4, I have the same message. However, when I tell it to render in LR, it then goes to Photoshop and works just fine. My question is why does the dialog box come up? Everything is up to date in LR and PS. <br>

Mike</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I did find a solution. In the dialogue box instead of checking "render using lightroom" I checked "open anyway" and<br />that worked bypassing ACR.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>ACR is rendering the data, you didn’t bypass it. That is how the Edit in Photoshop works. The issue is, you have an older version of ACR and a newer version of LR so you are not getting the newer functionality of LR. You want to use the Export command, then LR is rendering the data, not ACR.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>You need to install ACR 6.7RC to make CS5 compatible with RAW files edited in Lightroom 4 using PV2012. ACR 6.7RC will render a file that was adjusted in Lightroom 4 using PV2012, but you can't make changes to the RAW adjustments using PV2012 in ACR 6.7RC. ACR6.7RC is available at Adobe Labs, and will be released at some point. </p>