Nikon Wednesday 2012: #13

Matt Laur

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>A specimen quality Herkimer Diamond. Thanks to a co-worker who has quite an extensive minerals collection, I am able to use my new light box and 105mm Macro lens. When shooting minerals, lighting is everything and I have a lot to learn.<br>

I look forward to more mineral samples and improving my skill with the 105mm.</p><div>00aCLB-453525584.jpg.ee7c97b38070f18a4c0114f57324cb81.jpg</div>

<p>Aguinaldo, your image of the Rockefeller Center in New York City brings back memories. There is where the US NBC's Today Show is broadcasted. 20 years ago, there used to be a Nikon House on the ground floor in the building in the background. I used to go there a couple of times a year. They had a lot of Nikon equipment on display and you could play around with just about anything you wanted, but they didn't sell anything there.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, they closed the Nikon House in the mid 1990's. Now you go to B&H and do the same thing. :-)</p>

<p>I love the expression of Matt Laur's dog, and the movement in John Farrar's image.</p>

<p>Mine was taken while doing some practice on "the decisive moment click" while watching television, and this came on. I believe it was in an ad.</p>

<p>D90 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8</p><div>00aCNJ-453553584.jpg.18f62401a6942deb6be98cd4782da0cc.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. Really inspiring pictures this week. My favorites are:<br>

Ann's creek <br>

Miha's calla flower<br>

Roberta's model plane (Sopworth Camel?)<br>

and John F's oystercatchers, which is simply wonderful :-)</p>

<p>Here's a picture from Lucy's 6th birthday party. If you look closely at the reflection in the window you can see me; but also my 11 year old's fingers lit up by the SB700 bounced backwards! The old bunny ears trick works every time :-) </p><div>00aCNf-453559584.jpg.6995f57965a0fadc5ef6dd2e0b15bfad.jpg</div>

<p>Matt - so sorry, my scaling was off and that was my fault. Trying to post again, Sorry, I screwed up. Wished I had a dollar for everytime that happened.</p>

<p>Again, I truly wished I had the time and the equipment. I come here every Wednesday just to see what other eye's have seen, and I am never disappointed. It's just a dandilion, but I hope you enjoy it.</p><div>00aCOd-453577584.jpg.9c7b9f7f547286ea482a3ab8f3034360.jpg</div>

<p>While visiting Pensacola, Florida I drove to the end of the Palafox Pier. My goal was to photograph the pelicans and other birds who are always looking out for a free meal from a friendly fisherman. <br>

Palafox Pier is Pensacola’s newest public park and marina. In the center of the park is the statue of Tristan de la Luna commemorating the man who discovered Pensacola in 1559. Recently, Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia dedicated the statue. <br>

I shot this photo of Tristan de la Luna backlit by the Sun.</p><div>00aCPD-453589584.jpg.956b6149e2dae987ec86112e96e8ed72.jpg</div>