Are these Nikon DSLR prices accurate (China)?

falcon7

I have surfed the net and have found nothing on this company except for their own website. This goes to the Nikons made in China question, I suppose. Are these prices legit? Regarding the quality of a camera model made in one country rather than another, I find very little true evidence any difference in quality can be proven. Is there any way that there is a danger in ordering from this site? Thanks.

Hope the link works.

<!--

http://www.tradbuy.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&categories_id=&keyword=nikon+digital+slr

-->

<B>

Link to tradbuy dot com deleted.

</B>

<p>Alan, I have no doubt that your link is to a scam shop. Tradbuy is not even on resellerratings.com and those prices are unreal.</p>

<p>With few exceptions, Nikon only manufactures one camera body model in one country. Currently Nikon makes all DX bodies in Thailand and all FX bodies in Japan. (With the recent flood in Thailand, there could be some shifting around since for a while Nikon's Thailand factory was shut down.) Nikon has never menufactured any DSLR bodies in China as far as I know. There are lenses and flashes made in China, but not SLR bodies. The entire mirrorless Nikon 1 system (V1 and J1) is made in China, though.</p>

<p>All that same camera model made in different countries is all nonsense.</p>

<p>P.S. I am going to delete the link in the opening post shortly. I sure don't want to attract anybody over there to get scammed.</p>

<p>"P.S. I am going to delete the link in the opening post shortly. I sure don't want to attract anybody over there to get scammed."</p>

<p>That is a noble idea, but why is it impossible to find one reference to this site as being a scam site? I searched multiple engines for this company (including google australia and google hong kong and added "scam" "beware" etc., and received no hits. </p>

<p>Domain Name: TRADBUY.COM<br />Registrar: JIANGSU BANGNING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD<br />Whois Server: whois.55hl.com<br />Referral URL: http://www.55hl.com<br />Name Server: DNS3.ZGSJ.COM<br />Name Server: DNS4.ZGSJ.COM<br />Status: ok<br />Updated Date: 04-jan-2012<br />Creation Date: 04-jan-2012<br />Expiration Date: 04-jan-2013</p>

<p>2 month old company website, possibly no real feedback yet?<br>

From their 'about us' ...</p>

<h4><em>Our Story</em></h4>

<em>Tradbuy.com is one of the biggest online commercial corporations in Asia, committing itself to build a worldwide wholesale shop online. Our company was originally set up in Beijing, China in 2006, aiming to operate the business-to-customer transactions with overseas consumers. Our brand name was originated from imitating the gurgling voice people utter when enjoy something happy</em>.

Gurgle on.

<p>Alan: there are many clues. The <em>lack</em> of any reference to them elsewhere tells you they're not an established company. They've just created the domain name they're using a few weeks ago. The prices, if honored, would mean that they are either willing to donate products to you for less than what they paid for them, or that the equipment is stolen. Either way, it's stuff that Nikon would not only <em>not</em> warranty, but they would not even service at all, since they refuse to touch stuff that isn't properly imported.<br /><br />It doesn't matter, because nothing you do will get you those cameras (new) at those prices. They're hoping you find the prices attractive enough to chance it, but they're hoping that you don't realize how unrealistically low they actually are. That is the nature of the cheap-camera-scam-web-site game. It's an old one, and never goes away.</p>

<p>My two pence worth, have a look at the testimonials, they are all written by supposedly native English speakers. However, I do not believe ”i<em> </em>hope you can dispose order quickly, i wait my this order more than 10 days” and the like are carelessly written statements, they are written by somebody for whom English is not their native tongue, probably by somebody at Tradebuy.<br>

Visit the testimonial page and refresh it several times, Steved appears to live in every country in the world!</p>

<p>Alan: Years ago there was a film called THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (George C Scott, and others) ... I suggest you watch it... what can it cost, a buck or two?, watch the film and you will then be able to make the right decision on this. You will also see a great picture, and be wiser.</p>

<p>My 2 cents worth: always buy from a name source that carries Nikon cameras with a Nikon USA warranty. The source can be local or internet. If they say they provide their own warranty I wouldn't buy from them. Cheaper isn't always cheap in the long run.</p>

<p>The web site the OP has in mind sells a Nikon D7000 with the 18-105mm and a 70-300mm lens for $860 total. While they didn't specify the brand for those lenses, IMO, you have no concerns about warranties and repair anyway.</p>

<p>You will not receive any D7000 @ $860 in the first place.</p>

<p>I have no doubt you will be BILLED for them, even if they never show up.</p>

<p>Mostly likely, you will get an e-mail telling you they are out of stock and offer to ship some other VERY different equipment instead. Then, when you try to contact them, they will stop responding. Since they are in China, you can get the Better Business Bureau after them. So, you'll have to go to your credit card company and tell them to stop the order. Hopefully, no "odd" charges will start showing up on your card, after that. </p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thanks for the input. I'm going to stay away from these questionable sites. You'd think all the trouble they go to in order to try to ripoff people, they could figure out a way to make money legally.</p>

<p>(But that stuffing envelope offer sounds pretty good! ; )</p>