Kodak Retina IIIs Curtagon 35mm/f2.8

<p>I have one but have not tested it. This<br>

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/archiv/pdf/wechsel_objektive.pdf<br>

reveals it to be a 6-element design - in view of its age, one would expect medium contrast, good central sharpness wide open and passable edge sharpness reaching maximum 2 to 3 stops down. The Retina IIIs can be a nice camera, if not used or serviced recently the shutter may well be gummy and the viewfinder is nothing special - you'll need a supplementary VF for 35mm.</p>

<p>Just started to build a (double) set Kodak Retina IIIs + Voigtlander Bessamatic ("m" model). Now after modification of the Retina lenses to be usable on the Bessamtic, I have to finish cleaning all of them (Retina: Curtagon 24/4, Curtagon 35/2.8, Xenar 50/2.8, Tele-Xenar 135/4 ; Bessamatic: Skoparex 35/3.4, Color Skopar X 50/2.8, Color Lanthar 50/2.8) .<br>

I still have to finish first rolls but first impression, both camera are fabulous piece of 50's technology same for lenses and accessories. The Retina is really a great rangefinder just shame it's not fitted with same apperture/speed setting as on the Bessamatic.<br>

Regarding lenses, long minimum distance with the Tele-Xenar is quite a pain. And no luck, my Curtagon 35 was accidented but as I had it for free nobody to blame. For sure after some mcgyverism I'll be able to use it but not sure of quality vs perfect exemplar ;-)<br>

Oh, I nearly forget, the Curtagon 28 is a beauty by it self. It can be keept as display object under its clear plastic bubble box on my desk... but not a good solution because I'll spent too much time looking at it ;-)<br>

Waiting to see pics posted here! And waiting to find time for some shooting.</p>