software sharpening

<p>Joe:<br>

Wow - does a Ford work better than a Chevy?<br>

Photoshop has different options for sharpening, Lightroom's system is similar to Photoshop, and I have no experience with the Nik (Sharpener? I assume).<br>

I use Photokit Sharpener 2 plug-in in Photoshop, fwiw. Capture, Creative and, sometimes, Output if I choose to print from PS and not LR.<br>

I think you need to Google this subject, and read a good book or tutorial then decide for yourself what works "best" for you. I think Luminous Landscape has/had an article (or several) on this (Ctein was most likely the author). Another good tutorial series is by Ron Bigelow (Google him and read his sharpening series, I think there were maybe 6 of them)<br>

Most folks I know who use CS5 use High Pass sharpening, but with edge masks.<br>

At some point you will come to realize that perfect sharpening is like searching for the lost Ark. ;~)</p>

<p>Considering that natively, LR has a sharpening workflow that takes capture and output into account (and automatically when exporting to any size or printing), I’ll vote for Lightroom. </p>

<p>See: http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/20357.html </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)