Pixma mg6250... Yes or no?

<p>Canon Pixma MG6250 has caught my eye, and I just wanted to know, if this printer can produce prints of an acceptable quality. I have tried to sum up my needs, to give you guys an insight into my preferences and needs:</p>

<ul>

<li>Acceptable quality to me means margnially worse overall qality compared having a store print them. I am willing to accept this in order to have production control. </li>

<li>I don't need A3+ capability. When I do, I'll send them out. I may reconcider in the future. </li>

<li>Acceptable price range. Other camera investments are on the horizon (lenses mainly), so there is no financial room for the perfect pro-grade A2 printer in my household.</li>

<li>Acceptable print cost </li>

</ul>

<p>I look forward to you input.</p>

<p>Regards,<br>

Morten</p>

<p>You stress "acceptable" results and costs, yet you give no clue to what is acceptable to you. That printer is an "all in one" which seldom produce professional quality prints. But whether they are acceptable to you only you can judge.<br>

As for print cost, again it's going to depend on what you're printing and what you're printing on.<br>

You can get good prints out of any printer if you are willing to go to the trouble of setting up a color managed workflow and stick to it. But doing such for a consumer printer like this will require having a custom profile made for each paper you plan to use because there are seldom 3-rd party profiles for these consumer-level printers.<br>

My advice is that you look at the print quality yourself in a shop to decide if it's good enough. Then price a set of ink carts and try to find out how many pages they will print. Then you can decide if the print cost is acceptable to you.</p>

<p><Chas><br /><br /></p>

@Charles

Tanks for your input. I tried to explain my definition of "acceptable quality", but I know it is very hard. About print costs: My

only basis for stating "acceptable costs" is the reviews I have read -- I am a rookie, and I have nevet bought a printer for

photos, so the reviews and your valuable input is all I have to lean on.

I am not sure, I can find a store where I Can see the printer in action, but I think I will try.

Regards,

Morten

<p>One of my printers is an older-generation 6-ink Canon multifunction, the Pixma MP970, and it actually does a very good job, despite the fact that it is a multifunction printer. I and friends of mine have quite a number of framed photos printed with it hanging on our walls. However, they have changed model lines several times since then, so I don't know how good the new ones are. I wouldn't consider any that are less than 6-ink.</p>

<p>I don't know where you are, but around here, it is pretty easy to find Canon's least expensive "pro" printer, the Pixma Pro 9000II, NIB from individuals for around $200, because Canon bundled it.</p>