Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #9

nathangardner

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>LOL at the Bearlax. Enjoyed also the rest of the contributions. This is not on a par with them, but I stepped out to attach the new license plate stickers and it felt almost like spring. Of course when we really get in to March there will probably be (ugh) snow. In like a lamb etc.. Canon T2i kit lens.</p><div>00a57I-446649584.jpg.b9284e81b97152770886ea23513f66ad.jpg</div>

<p>Mt. Tamalpais & Barbed Wire<br>

(to borrow Simon's words somewhat) An element of friction against something calm.<br>

Hiking up the steep Miwok Trail last Sunday morning and looking north here.<br>

EOS 7D + 24-70 2.8L.</p>

<p>- Robert C. - a VERY excellent portrait!<br>

- Mark K. - super flower arrangement photo.<br>

- Horse: boat! Love it.<br>

- Phil: what an excellent heron shot.<br>

- Jeff: rock-n-roll portraiture, one of your best.</p>

<p>Those five quickly stood out to me on the first page. Every photo seems pretty good already. Now, with the extra day last month, will this thread break 80?</p><div>00a57O-446653584.jpg.97a9b93ad1b33bd0880aec6db434f78e.jpg</div>

<p><a href=" Glitter Shoot (Justine) src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7054/6941270455_4a9230bb40_z.jpg" alt="Glitter Shoot (Justine)" width="427" height="640" /></a><br /><br /><strong>Justine</strong><br>

<a href=" Glitter Shoot (Justine))</a><br /><br />Camera: Canon EOS 7D<br />Lens: Canon EF70-200mm f/2.8L USM<br />Exposure Program: Manual<br />Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)<br />Aperture: f/13.0<br />Focal Length: 70 mm<br />ISO Speed: 100<br />Exposure Bias: 0 EV<br />Flash: Off, Did not fire<br /><br />Strobes:<br />200ws strobe with a 16" beauty dish attached as the keylight. High camera center.<br />200ws strobe with a 24x36" softbox attached as the rim light. Behind model camera right.<br />Triggered with Phottix Strato II wireless triggers.</p>

<p>Happy Canon Thursday everyone.<br /><br />Well I Just got home from work and Nathan has set the tone with that great shot of the Whooping Crane, Nathan did you throw him in the laundry with bleach, wow he is so clean. Great shot.<br /><br />Jeff, nice concert shot.<br /><br />John C. the 7D is working nicely, great detal.<br /><br />Scott F. where is that? Looks like you went a million years back in time and I am looking for a dinosaur. lol, neat shot.<br /><br />Brian W. super shot capturing the little one. I really like how you caught her in a patch of sun light really creating a nice contrast. Great tone and that Sigma is giving a nice Bokeh. This will be a great keeper looking back years from now.<br /><br />Andrew - wow cashews, they are huge! lol. I first thought it was ice cream. :)<br /><br />Arie, great country for photos!<br /><br />Larry, very cool Bearlax ad, never seen or heard of it.<br />Nice light and Blue sky. I have a late night shot of cool old ad painted on a building, but need to catch it again in daylight. When I do will have to submit it in Canon Thursday forum.<br /><br />Robin, nice open space shot across the river.<br /><br />Horse I'm ready to go fishing. Looks like a litte HDR. Nice. <br /><br />Nice tone Mike.<br /><br />Rob, nice composition, wow. Great eye.<br /><br />Phil, :) gotta love the 7D<br /><br />Lupo, your are not making it easy for me to get through these shots, I'm hungry and now I have to go make super. lol.<br /><br />Great shots gang!<br /><br /><br />Will try to continue this after super and find which shot to submit this week.</p>
Cheers, Mark

<p>Mark,</p>

<p>Thanks, no dinosaurs but lots of alligators. It is, unbelievably, a man made wetland that is the final stage in processing sewerage from the greater Orlando area. Unlike Nathan's two and a half hour drive, it is about twenty minutes from where I am staying.</p>

<p>It is a shame the image is so small, the actual subject is the dew filled spiders web on the hockey stick shaped brown reed, but it doesn't translate as well at 700 pixels :-)</p>

<p>Thanks again, Scott.</p>