Search Terms

osztertag

<p>Hello<br>

Quick question on searching forums for something specific using search "operators"</p>

<p>For example if I am in the Nikon forum and I wanted to search all of the threads that talk about VR(Vibration reduction) with the 35-70 mm lens used in sports phtotgraphy, but no landscape.</p>

<p>Could I enter something like this in the search box:<br>

+VR+Nikon+"(35-70)"+Sports-Landscape</p>

<p>What operators are allowed in the search field ?<br>

Thanks<br>

Steve O</p>

<p>PN's search feature is actually powered by Google's search engine. As far as I can tell, all of the search syntax tricks you'd use directly at Google also work here, with the understanding that the 'site:photo.net' part is essentially baked in already.<br /><br />So for specific syntactical tips, just head over to Google's help pages. They have exhaustive comments and examples.</p>

<p>Photo.net's built in search doesn't always work quite as well as the external version of Google. For example, the inurl operator to limit a search to a specific forum doesn't seem to work reliably from within photo.net, but does via the external version of Google.</p>

<p>The plus sign + is usually redundant. If you prefer a specific phrase or multiple word type search use quotes around the phrase.</p>

<p>And use the "site:" operator to limit the search to a specific website. But you might miss relevant hits on other sites, so try it both ways.</p>