I am wondering

wolf_rainer_schmalfuss

<p>I've noticed this too. Of the 4 ranges of autofocus 645 SLRs, the H-series probably get the least mention here. In terms of discussions and recommendations here, top would probably be Mamiya 645AF/D, then Contax 645 or Pentax 645N/D, finally the Hasselblad H's.</p>

<p>It's quite different on other medium format forums; on getDPI or LuLa, populated by a larger proportion of professionals and dealers, the H's run the Mamiya/PhaseOne series close for 1st place, and film use is very much in the minority. Photo.net probably seems quaint and amateurish to most of them - all this enthusiasm for RB67s, 500 c/ms and TLRs!</p>

<p>David, if people can afford spending on a Leica M9-P and glasses, than they are willing to spend big bucks also on an Fujihasselblad too. But, for an hardcore 6x6 Hasselblad enthusiast, this new stuff has unfortunately not the same status.<br>

But very often, it requires the "financial minister's" approval first!<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>That's because people who have loved medium format cameras can get into something like a Hasselblad 500 C/M system for relative pennies. I see local sales of 6x6 kits, along with a full range of lenses included, sell for $1,600-$3,500.</p>

<p>Compare that to the Ferrari H4D, which is $30,000 with one 80mm lens, or the H4D 60MP which is $40,000 body-only. Then, you have even the cheapest additional lenses costing over $3,500 each, up to $7,000. I'm not exactly a detective, but you don't have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. Wolf, many can justify spending money on the Leica, which they take out much more often. My Mamiya RZ67 Pro II (bought a few years ago for $700, with 3 lenses) doesn't get very much time out.</p>

<p>I use an H4D-40, but usually go to Luminous Landscapes, hasselbladdigitalforums.com, and GetDPI.com for discussions involving medium format digital, especially Hasselblad H-series. I'll bet there are a lot more Hasselblad digital photographers who belong to photo.net than one might conclude from their (lack of) postings on this site. They are certainly well-represented on the other sites. I have 5 lenses, all of which were comparable in cost (some cheaper) than "equivalent" lenses from Canon or Nikon (I realize "equivalent" is hard to define, so I say this only in a very general sense to counter the notion that these lenses will cost $3.5k to $7k). We're here, but the culture is not.</p>

<p>Take a look at what <a href="http://www.paulbohman.com/"><strong>Paul Bohman</strong></a> achieves with <a href="../film-and-processing-forum/00Zdeb">MF film scans with an Epson V750</a>.</p>

<p>... and with Kodak reporting <a href="

professional film sales</a>, things are looking good, well .. for me at least. Medium format film and the related equipment seems to be why most visit this forum.</p>

<p>... Ferrari red Fuji thing? Each to his own. I wonder which way each of us would jump if we had the choice of, (as a prize), the latest, state-of-the-art H whatever, complete with lens etc, or a brand new, real Hasselblad 203/205 outfit plus it's weight in film.</p>

No, i will not cease to jump in on this... ;-)<br>No matter how often this nonsense is repeated, it will not ever begin to make sense.<br><br>So once again the truth of the matter: the H-Systems are as real Hasselblads as any of the other ones.<br>Even more so, since while Hasselblad had not a lot to do with the Zeiss lenses (they had some involvement in making the Prontor CF shutter's F mode), they do with the lenses manufactured by Fuji.<br>The only "Fuji thing" thing about the H cameras are those lenses and the optics in the viewfinder.<br><br>To your question: i'd not mind a brand new H-D60, no. I doubt many will.<br>(Though i will admit that while i'd choose the H camera over the 200-series thingies you are offering (i'll mail you the address you can ship the thing to), i'll hang on to the V-System thingies i have.)

<p>Thanks QG, I was composing a similar post on the Fuji topic. The funny thing is that my other camera is an X100. I would buy Fuji over Canon or Nikon any time. To use Fuji to denigrate Hasselblad shows that the person making that statement has no idea how good Fuji is.<br>

<br /> I'd go for an H4D 40, they are the best of the current bunch for a landscape photographer.</p>

<p>Another point worthy of note is that hasselblddigitalforum.com is one of the quietest places on the net. It will often go for a few days with no posts. I suspect that is because the gear works and the dealer network really does support their customers.</p>

Besides Fuji both being capable and in the habit of producing excellent photographic and optical equipment, the thing to remember is that the H cameras are Hasselblad products, with Fuji only making lenses and optics for the viewfinder.<br><br>By the way: i wouldn't mind one in red (or other colour). But please without the Ferrari badge... (what are we? 8 year olds?)

<p>I can only justify renting them because I don't shoot fashion or product shots often enough to justify the purchase. They are a superb camera, and the lenses are the equal, if not even better, than the old V system lenses. </p>

<p>When someone asks a question about MF digital, it gets pretty technical, and there simply isn't enough experience on pnet to get their questions answered.</p>

<p>I did have a chance to use a colleagues Leica S system, and I have to say, I was blown away by the form factor and lenses. </p>

<p>Let's not forget that Fuji also built Hasselblad products in the form of the Xpan.</p>

<p>It's such a personal thing. I started off with a 503CW and V96C as my entry to MF digital. It is an excellent combination but the H system gave me a lot more options. I then ended up with an H3D and HC adapter using my Zeiss lenses. It didn't take long to work out that the new H lenses are the best choice today for me. The new lenses are superb and the lense to software integration excellent. I think one of the strengths of the Hasselblad is that you can ease your way in gently.<br>

Hasselbladdigitalforum.com is the best place around to get to talk to Hasselblad users. It's Hasselblad only and barely a salesman to be seen.</p>

<p>:-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>But please without the Ferrari badge... (what are we? 8 year olds?)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>My thoughts precisely, when I was the first member of public in Norway to hold the Leica R8 when it was released here. The salesman couldn't wait to tell me that it was designed by Ferrari, or words to the effect. (deep sigh)</p>