EFI's products and procedures for print proofing

<p>I am working on a photo book at the moment. All the necessary CMYK adaptation with profile Fogra 39 (printer's demand) have been carried out on screen. As the next step I would like to proof the pictures on my newly acquired Epson 3880. People in the graphics business here in Sweden seem to use EFI's products for that purpose. <br>

Has anyone here on the forum experience with the program EFI sXpress M v.4.1 Proof license and the paper EFI Offset Proof Paper 9100? If so, I would appreciate your experience with these products. In particular, i would need some advice on the practicalities of using the paper. Does EFI provide a profile for it and, if so, how should I use it properly when printing my CMYK pictures (either in the psd format or directly from InDesign pages or from PDF pages).</p>

<p>For an Epson, I think you may be better off with the ColorBurst RIP for this which at least in the US, Epson bundles with some of their pro printers for this kind of proofing. The other thing you can do, if all you need to do is proof the images or don’t care much about the text and possible Postscript elements of the page is use the current Epson driver. Convert from Fogra back to RGB using a good profile but set the intent to Absolute Colorimetric to match paper white, then trim away all non printable paper. You’ll get a pretty good color proof of the images. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)