Is anyone still using the 5D?

tina g.

<p>I use 5D too. And I have feeling that I need higher ISO (I love travel and tripod is not acceptable most time) and better AF (especially in low temperature. I love winter and my 5D fails to AF in below 0C enviroment).<br>

Otherwise it is fine. I'd rather wait 5DIII</p>

<p>I use a 5D professionally, with a 40D as backup. They're both great cameras. The 5D is my main camera, but the 40D sometimes comes out for telephoto work or high frame rates. I'll probably upgrade to a used 5DII when the 5DIII comes out, mostly for the higher ISO capabilities.</p>

<p>I use the 5DII these days, but I still have my old 5D. In same sized prints I see about a one stop improvement with noise (the 5DII @ ISO 3200 is about as clean as the 5D @ ISO 1600), but I think both have excellent image quality. The big differences I notice are the larger, much nicer, no green cast LCD, and the better menu organization (and customizable menu). So for me the improvements are great, but it's less about the way the photos look, and more about joy of operation. I haven't noticed better AF, but then again I don't think my typical subject matter is AF taxing. One big disadvantage of the 5DII is how fast it eats up my hard drive space.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As someone else said, unless you need improved AF or better low light performace, the 5D is still a great camera. I upgraded to a MKII last year but still keep my 5D as a backup. I took so many great photos with that camera over four years. Only problem I ever had was the mirror falling off but that was a known issue and a freebie fix. </p>