Nikon 1

lynnthomas

<p>According to DXO the new Nikon V1 and J1 rank right up there with 4/3 cameras when it comes to image quality. Actually the DR is even better. BTW as an owner of a M4/3 camera I can assure you that while the detail captured can be impressive the overall image quality is no match for say a D5100. Some folks dismiss DXO as "not real life" but I've found their results right on the money when comparing the cameras I've owned and used. I think Nikon will have reasonable success with this camera.</p>

I finally got to play with one today and it's a fun little camera. It has a super slow mo video at 400 fps. We watched a coin spin on the

table in slow mo. You can shoot with AF at 10 fps@ full res. and it works!!! I had a person walk briskly towards me from about 40'

towards me. We were all shocked at how all images were sharp and only when we ventured beyond the min focus dist did we get

blurry results. The AF kept up better than any DSLR I've seen but with such little lenses I can see it possible. The cam can shoot at

60 fps@full res. Cool ideas anyone?