Pricing concert photos

cameracrack

<p>Hi<br /> I am in need of some advice.<br /> Two months ago I volunteered to take photos at my church for an event they were having. I have been contacted by the management of one of the performers that night, who explained that she is interested in two of my photos. She wanted to know what my pricing is. This is unexpected and it's my first time being approached for anything like this.<br /> I know that I need to write up a license agreement. Could someone refer me to a good sample contract?<br /> Also could someone suggest some pricing for my two photos?<br />I was told that they would be used on their website as promotion photos.<br /> What kind of file do I send them? JPG? TIFF? not the RAW right?<br /> <br /> Thanks in advanced!<br /> <br /> Liana</p>

<p>Congratulations on being offered money for your concert photos! For web site display, a low-res JPEG file should be fine. I offer mine at 960px on the long side which is optimal for Facebook currently, and is plenty large enough for most web sites. I would never send anyone my RAW files.</p>

<p>Can't help with pricing decisions, but specify in your contract that the use is limited to their web site; if they want a hi-res file for printing or use in a one sheet or promo kit, you should charge more for that.</p>

<p>You can find sample contracts and licensing agreements in these books:<br>

"Best Business Practices for Professional Photographers" - John Harrington<br>

"Business Practices for Professional Photography" - American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP)<br>

"Business and Legal Forms for Photographers" - Tad Crawford</p>

<p>Your library might have the first two. The third one includes files on CD-ROM.</p>

<p><Chas></p>