Getting a Rolleiflex 6006 and selling my Hasselblad 500 cm

mohamed_sherif1

<i>"I need to research the Variogons more, that may make things reasonable, dunno. Do Hasselblads even have zooms available for them?"</i><br><br>Yes. That Variogon was first seen on Hasselblads. ;-)<br>Extremely unusefull lenses, though. Much, much too big to be used on anything but a sturdy tripod.<br><br>There's also a more compact zoom that can be used on focal plane shutter Hasselblads only.

<blockquote>

<p>( .... ever seen a real Hasselblad? .. or only looked at pictures. )</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks Kevin - I deserved that (really) as I've not seen a 203 or 205 in the flesh and foolishly extrapolated from the 2000FC series & 201F (I have seen the latter). Won't happen again.</p>

<p>Still, 1 glaring factual error in 8 years on Photo.net is not a bad record!</p>

<p>I stand by what I said about the Rolleis, as I know this system very well (between owning and using one, and having done a LOT of research on the full range - yes, the sort of research I <em>should</em> have done before talking about the other Hasselblad 200s!).</p>

<p>The point about equivalent cost is still valid. My Rollei kit (with built-in metering/AE & motor etc., electric remote release/Mirror-Up cable, 80/2.8 HFT Planar, Bay VI to 67mm filter adapter, battery charger G) was under €200 on ebay, and like Richard did above, I upgraded the battery to NiMh for another €40. I don't think you'd find a similar Hasselblad kit for that sort of money. Sure, the PQ/PQS lenses are expensive, but so are the F/FE lenses, which I would regard as their counterparts, especially since those are the lines where you find the really fast lenses. The HFT lenses are better comparators to the CT*/CF lenses, and as far as I can tell, their prices are very similar.</p>

Ray,

I don't really know if you can compare the HFT to the Hasselblad lenses. When the HFT is on a 6008i, you lose a

good portion of meter functionality on the Rollei(compared to the PQ/S lens).

Does using older Hasselblad lenses hobble the camera in the same sense?

I don't think I want to buy another non PQ/S lens because of that. EL lenses appear to come in both HFT and PQ

models.

Regarding your kit price, I have not seen any deals like that. You got a really good deal.

<p>anyway, if anybody is interested, I am selling my 6006 and a nice collection for lenses (40, 80, 150 and 250 mm), because I don't have the time to use it. Contact me off line for inquires. It's really a great camera. You have the felling of shooting medium format like you shoot with a 35 mm automatic camera.<br>

Laurent</p>

<p>to all 6006 lovers, i must say it is still a great camera. it is when you compare it to much pricier 6008 that you find it lacking some features. so like any decision, it is a summation of all factors: features you want, your budget, how you plan to use it etc. during the few years i was using my 6006 it was a delight and a major upgrade from a former mechanical camera i had. Tak</p>

<p>Hi All,</p>

<p>Thank you very very much for all your responses... I am late responding due to travelling on a business trip. In fact I am in Tampa at the moment! <br>

The Hassy 2xx series is a good solution for me for sure but it is very expensive! The TLR Rollei FX or GX have built-in light meters but, again, expensive! The Rollei 6xxx is affordable in comparison. I decided that may be I should give the Rollei 6xxx a try... I live in Holland so Germany is close in case I ever need a repair.<br>

I see lots of very useful comments and feedback... I'd love to keep the Hasselblad 500 CM and buy say a Rollei 6008i... but my wife would give me a hard time to add yet another camera! I have really quite an arsenal :)<br>

I have an external light meter, and I think I'd like to get a spot meter also... but if you shoot a parade say, and slides, people are not going to wait for you to meter them! I think.</p>

<p>Simply invest in a metered prism such as the PME45. The fact that a Hasselblad is purely mechanical is an absolute must in the field. Also, the CW Winder adds the convenience of motorized advance, but also provides a great grip. The winder can easily be removed for using the manual winder too. </p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
<p>I'm thinking of getting a Rolleiflex 6002/6006, despite all the warnings here about the electronics and battery. But one thing I haven't been able to find out, despite a lot of googling, is how much noise it makes. Not only the mirror slap, but the winder. Can anyone help? Also, someone mentioned a shutter lag -- is that significant? Thanks.</p>