CCD unit

rsabina

<p>Hi<br>

I have had a 5 d for about 3 years which suddenly started malfunctioning .I took it in to get an estimate . Turns out it need a new CCD . I would like to sell this non functionig unit , but dont know how much it is worth or if it can be useful to someone out there for parts. Can someone give me an idea how much I can get for it . The estrimate came in at 498.00 . THe camera otherwise works great and is in "like new " condition as I take extremely good care of my equipment. I am not interested in it because ive since switched to another camera.<br>

Any suggestions would be welcomed</p>

<p>Raquel Sabina</p>

<p>A 5D in very good, fully working condition will sell for about GBP 750, or USD 1,200. So if you subtract the 498 (USD presumably), you could get up to USD 700 for your body which needs a new CMOS sensor.</p>

<p>In practice I think you mght only get USD 500 on eBay.</p>

<p>Henry</p>

<p>It may go for GBP 750 in England, but in the US I'm seeing most of the body-only 5D's going for $800-$900 on ebay. And since an estimate is just that -- only an estimate -- I would think you're going to have a hard time getting more than a few hundred for this camera. </p>