Collectors contact

aguinaldo_de_paula

<p>I've been using Nikon equipment for more than 30 years as an amateur, and as an engineer I can not remember of any other company that makes products so well made, precise and reliable, and made to last more than a lifetime.<br>

In fact I became a Nikon fan, and more recently I started to collect Nikkors, most of than from the manual focus age, which I´m particularly fond of.<br>

I´d like to make contact with other collectors to share information, mainly on where to find good material.<br>

I´ve been purchasing lenses only at eBay.<br>

Best regards<br>

My collection is listed below:<br>

8mm f/2.8 fisheye Ais<br>

10,5mm f/2.8 fisheye<br>

14-24mm f/2.8G<br>

15mm f/3.5 Ais<br>

16mm f/3.5 fisheye<br>

16mm f/2.8 AF<br>

16-35mm f/4G<br>

18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G (my wife´s....)<br>

24-70mm f/2.8G<br>

28mm f/4 PC (still coming)<br>

50mm f/1.8 AF<br>

50-300mm f/4.5 Ais (still coming)<br>

55mm f/3.5 (39 years old)<br>

80-200mm f/4.5 Ais (still coming)<br>

80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 AF<br>

85mm f/1.4 AF<br>

105mm f/2.8G micro<br>

135mm f/2 DC<br>

300mm f/2.8G VR<br>

400mm f/3.5 IF-ED<br>

500mm f/8 Reflex latest model<br>

600mm f/5.6 IF-ED<br>

1000mm f/11 Reflex latest model</p>

<p>I have the following sites bookmarked for their Nikon information:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.nikonlinks.com/">http://www.nikonlinks.com/</a></p>

<p><a href="http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html">http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html</a></p>

<p><a href="http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/">http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/</a></p>

<p>I would also note that I while I use Nikon gear, I don't collect cameras or lenses.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><br />and as an engineer I can not remember of any other company that makes products so well made, precise and reliable, and made to last more than a lifetime.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Leitz Wetzlar? Carl Zeiss? Alpa? Franke & Heidecke? Just a few. And far more interesting for collectors. The church of the red dot especially. </p>

<p>Thanks for all feedback.<br>

Jake,<br>

I´m a amateur photographer, and even as I've heard about the brands you´ve mentioned, I´ve seem some of their lenses but I´m not familiar with them. Thanks for that.<br>

I was talking about general products, not only photographic equipment.<br>

I like to collect Nikkors, but I also use all of them. I love to have the possibilities they provide.<br>

Best regards.</p>

<p>I like to add a couple of very good known and less known nikkor lenses.<br /> The Nikkor 100mm f/2.8 AI-S Small, plastic but super sharp.<br /> Nikkor-O 2.1cm f4 excellent and rare lens.(with F & F2)<br /> Nikkor-Q.C 200mm f/4 sharp. (AI ed)<br /> Nikkor-Q 135mm f/2.8 sharp. (AI ed)<br /> Nikkor 55mm f/1.2<br /> Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S<br /> Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/1.2<br /> Nikkor 43-86mm f/3.5 As a first Nikon zoom. As a collection item only.<br /> Nikkor 28-50mm f/3.5 AI-S<br /> Nikkor 50-135mm f/3.5 AI-S<br /> Nikkor "E" 75-150mm f/3.5 AI-S (Galen Rowel's famous lens)<br>

And the famous Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 Non AI or AI.....AI-S</p>

<p>And what cameras do you own or like to collect and use, like myself.<br /> Nikon F<br /> Nikon F2<br /> Nikkormat FTN<br /> Nikon F3<br /> Nikon A<br /> Nikon F90X<br /> Nikon FM & FE, FM2 & FE2<br /> ----------</p>

<p> </p>

Bela,

In fact the only collectable camera I have is the Nikomat Ftn that my father bought in 1972, along with the micro 55mm

f/3.5.

I love the Nikkors but not just to have them. I love to handle and take photos with them.

And regarding film, well, I just hate it.

I spent too many hours in the darkroom and a lot of money with paper and chemistry.

I think digital technology is a blessing, even to let me use my old Nikkors. But let's not talk about it......

<blockquote>

<p>JDM von Weinberg, Do you mean the 55mm f/1.2 noct or the ordinary?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Actually, unless you are trying to complete all Nikkors, which you clearly are not, I pretty much meant any of the early 55mm (or so) f/1.2 lenses. There are many variants in non-AI, AI, etc. and also variations in the cosmetics of the lens exterior.</p>

<p>The newer, the more compatibility with modern AF Nikon bodies.</p>

<p>Aquinado. I'm using most of the time digital cameras. Agree with you. But ! It is so much more fun, when I take some of my film bodies, or just heading out with two three film bodies, -no digital, and loaded and shoot a roll or two. I like to handle an old beautifully made lens, and many time I mounting those old lenses to my digital bodies and shoot them. I know the modern cameras and lenses are improvement of older lenses or new creations, with the available latest technologies, but, sometime the look and plastic felling or form turn me down to own some of them. ( the super AF-S 24mm f/1.4 is an ugly plastic looking lens ) I'm back from a photo workshop from the north-east part of the great lakes, beautiful island archipelago, and my roommate noticed my FE2, chrome, motor drive on it and a 50/1.2 lens. The guy was surprised I'm using film as well, and looked my FE2 with admiration, liked so mach, keep telling me, how beautiful a camera. A couple of yeas ago I had a bug in my mind and started to re purchase my previously owned cameras, far back to my first Nikon F all the way to my last F5. Excluding, those 4 digit cameras. If not those cameras, but those lenses will last for several life time, and they perform beautifully on digital bodies.<br>

Oh, film? Somebody developing for me, and scanned. No more darkroom, chemicals.<br /> Cheers,<br /> Bela</p>