Canon EOS 1 dx

sunil_malkani

<p>I am a newbie on the forum, but I read the boards a lot.Just want everybody know, at the PDN photoplus expo at the Jacob Javits center in New York City. Canon has 1 DX demo models hands on bodies for tryout @ the Canon booth. With the crowds , as a layman, quick impression frame speed fast, noise low even at high iso say 55000, post processing should be minimal.</p>

<p>I got a 1D-X in my hands at PPE. It's a BIG camera. The new 1D body appears to be a bit larger. It looks like a great camera. It's at 18 megapixels. Interestingly (or not probably) Sony had the NEX-7 with it's 24 megapixel 1.5x sensor. Camera is tiny. Other winner from Canon is new Pro-1 printer. Stunning prints with five b&w cartridges (I had one of my b&w printed 13X19). Except for weight of 60+ pounds may be best under US$1000 printer out there now. Sorry some off topic from EOS, but just quick observations.</p>

<p><em>> stunning prints</em><br>

Yeah, in a great scheme of things this is probably more impressive than the evolution of 1D/!Ds series: mid-format top notch B&W printing was either lousy or very expensive and "stunning" is an understatement for the B&W prints from the new Pro-1. Not that it lacks anything in the color department but the 5 B&W ink printing is really something. What I really like are higher capacity cartridges - very practical comparing to the 9000/9500 series. <br>

Needs a sturdy shelf, though :-)</p>